While researching lost rights of way Travelman has come across all kinds of interesting bits of history, much of which is not in the history books.
Famous artists, writers, adulterers, Victorian nouveau-riche patriachs and overbearing traditional landowners and Glyndebourne all feature as does a 270 year old turnpike and the marxist rhetoric of Winston Churchill.
Here are the stories:
- Folkington Follies
- Just a Bridge in Milton Hyde
- Ravillious and Co and the route to the old coach road
- Rum doings in Glynde and Glyndebourne
- Virginia Woolf, Muggery Pope and lost rights of way.
- Read the history of, and ride along the 270 year old Glyndebridge turnpike
- Lost and found paths in Ringmer
- Henry the Chailey steam roller
- The Rodmell Policeman’s Duty