Don’t follow the sheep driving to Bluebell walks that charge you.
Get the bus to some local bluebell woods and have them to yourself. Woods worth checking out include
- woods round Chailey, especially Starvecrow Wood/Markstakes Common just east of South Chailey (bus 121),
- Knowlands Walk and Burtenshaw Wood just north of Barcombe (bus 122)(Royal Oak pub in Barcombe)
- Folly Wood and Blunts Wood (just north of the Rainbow Pub Cooksbridge) buses 121 and 122,
- Warningore Wood west of Cooksbridge (buses 121, 122 and 166 go nearby).
- You could also try Cuckoo Bottom inside the racecourse (see the “Inside the racecourse” walk on the web site)
Remember that you need to keep to rights of way in woodland unless there is public access to the whole wood.